ASP.NET MVC Overview
ASP.NET MVC isn’t something, which is built from zero. It’s far a whole alternative to standard ASP.NET web forms. It’s built on the top of ASP.NET, so developers experience nearly all of the ASP.NET features while constructing the MVC app.
History of ASP.NET MVC
ASP.NET 1.0 released on January five, 2002, as a part of .NET Framework version 1.0. At that point, it became easy to think of ASP.NET and Web Forms as one and the identical thing. ASP.NET has usually supported layers of abstraction:
- System.Web.UI − The Web Forms layer, comprising server controls, ViewState, and so forth.
- System.web − It resources the simple net stack, consisting of modules, handlers, the HTTP stack, etc.
By the time ASP.NET MVC turned into introduced in 2007, the MVC pattern became turning into one of the maximum popular approaches of constructing web frameworks.
In April 2009, the ASP.NET MVC source code launched under the Microsoft Public License (MS-PL). ASP.NET MVC framework is a lightweight, surprisingly testable presentation framework this is incorporated with the present ASP.NET features.
Want to learn about WPF??
Some of those included features are master pages and membership-based authentication. The MVC framework is defined within the system.net.Mvc assembly.
In March 2012, Microsoft released a part of its web stack (together with ASP.NET MVC, Razor and Web API) beneath an open source license (Apache License 2.0). ASP.NET Web forms changed was no longer covered in this initiative.
Why use MVC with ASP.NET
Microsoft determined to create their personal MVC framework for constructing web packages. The MVC framework sincerely builds on top of ASP.NET. When you are constructing a web app with ASP.NET using MVC, there will be no illusions of state, there will not be the sort of issue as a web page load and no page life cycle in any respect, and many others.
One other layout goal for ASP.Net with MVC become to be extensible during all elements of the framework. So whilst we communicate about views, views must be rendered with the aid of a specific type of view engine. The default view engine remains something that can take an ASPX document. But if you don’t like the usage of ASPX documents, you may use something else and plug to your very own view engine.
There is a part of the MVC framework so as to instantiate your controllers. You won’t just like the way that the MVC framework instantiates your controller, you would possibly need to handle that process yourself. So, there are many places in MVC wherein you could inject your personal custom logic to handle processes.
The complete concept behind the use of the Model View Controller layout sample is that you keep a separation of jobs. Your controller is not encumbered with a variety of ties to the ASP.NET runtime or ties to the ASPX web page, which is very tough to test. You currently just have a Class with normal methods on it that you may invoke in unit tests to discover if that controller is going to act successfully.
Advantages of ASP.NET MVC
Following are the benefits of using ASP.internet MVC:
- Makes it less complicated to control complexity by dividing a software into the model, the view, and the controller.
- Allows full manage over the rendered HTML and gives a clean separation of concerns.
- Direct control over HTML additionally means better accessibility for implementing compliance with evolving web standards.
- Enables adding more interactivity and responsiveness to existing apps.
- Presents better help for Test-Driven Development (TDD).
- Works well for web programs which might be supported by a massive group of developers and for web designers who want an excessive degree of manipulating over the application conduct.